Child Playing With Matches Dies

11-7-07 A 4-year-old boy died from smoke inhalation Wednesday, in a house fir he started in Salt Lake, Honolulu. Fire investigators believe that little John Rex Caesar was playing with a lighter. Thirty-one people were living in the house, and were all left homeless because of the fire. They were immigrants from the island of Chuuk. All the other family members in the home managed to escape without injury. The boys’ body was found in a bedroom, one of three … Continue reading →

Child Starts Fire, Family Escapes

7-23-07 A 4-year-old playing with a lighter started a fire that destroyed his family’s home in Northglenn, Colorado. The boy was in a bedroom when he lit some clothing on fire. It spread quickly, but thankfully everyone escaped the blaze, including the child who started the fire. It took twenty firefighters to battle the flames, which fully engulfed the main floor of the house. Wendy Forbes, spokes-woman for the North Metro Fire Rescue, said the damage was estimated at $167,000.00. … Continue reading →

Children Left Unattended Start Fatal House Fire

6-12-07 A fire that was started by kids playing with matches, raced through a three story row house, killing 5 children, who ranged in ages from three to seven. Their bodies were found on the second floor, where the fire apparently started. Two 8-year-old children managed to escape without injury. Neighbor Sontoya Perry, 22, said she could hear the children screaming inside the house as the fire engulfed them, but was unable to help because the steps leading to the … Continue reading →