HomeFireChildren Killed in FiresChild Playing With Matches Dies

11-7-07
A 4-year-old boy died from smoke inhalation Wednesday, in a house fir he started in Salt Lake, Honolulu. Fire investigators believe that little John Rex Caesar was playing with a lighter. Thirty-one people were living in the house, and were all left homeless because of the fire. They were immigrants from the island of Chuuk. All the other family members in the home managed to escape without injury.

The boys’ body was found in a bedroom, one of three bedrooms in the house. Officials believe he ran into the room and shut the door after accidentally starting the fire in another bedroom-a common but deadly mistake made by children who play with fire. If it gets out of hand, the child panics and tries to hide. That hiding spot usually becomes their tomb, as was the case here. The little boy ending up dying of smoke inhalation.


Comments

Child Playing With Matches Dies — No Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *