In Clearwater, Florida, an 8-year-old girl had to be rescued after getting herself stuck in the chimney of a big empty house. The house was next door to where the child, Isabelle Cooke lived.
Apparently she made it to the roof using a pole. Then she either climbed in or fell in the chimney and slid to the bottom. The chimney had no opening inside the house. So rescue crews had to chip away part of the chimney to retrieve her.
Though it doesn’t happen very often, every year we encounter stories of children having to be rescued from chimneys after trying to climb down one. It’s not just little kids, but teenagers too. You might want to remind your youngsters that it only works out well for Santa Claus.