- A Pokemon player in Clarksboro, New Jersey, had to call 911 after getting herself stuck in a tree while tracking characters in the Eglington Cemetery. The young woman was rescued with the help of a firetruck ladder.
- To Pokemon Go players in San Diego fell from a cliff while playing the game. Luckily both survived.
- In Flower Mound, Texas, a teen was bitten by a venomous snake while playing Pokemon Go. The lad was walking through a local park when he got bit on his big toe. The bite did not require antivenom, and he mad a full recovery.
- Another man found his home inundated by players when the game randomly assigned that location as a gathering spot.
- A 20-year-olf man in Dover, Delaware, was assaulted and robbed while playing Pokemon Go late at night. He approached the 3 men who were lurking in the area, assuming they were playing the game too. The assaulted him and took a gold necklace and cash.
- A teen girl in Wyoming came across a dead body while hunting for Pokemon.
- In Westport, Connecticut, police say that a couple of stuntmen looking for Pokemon in the prayer garden of St. Luke’s Church came across something else entirely: a naked 40-year-old woman who was vandalizing the property. It’s getting harder and harder to distinguish the craziness of the real world from the virtual one.
Suffice it to say that if your teens play the game, it might be a good idea to share some of these stories with them and remind them of the importance of paying attention tot their surrounding while fiddling on their cellphone.